Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just The Two of Us.....

Joel and I had a great weekend away. We headed down Saturday morning to Salt Lake for a work party! It was a much needed weekend together without Peyton. It's always nice to be childless for a night and actually have fun with your evening that doesn't involve coloring or putting together puzzles with a two year old!!!

We went to the Utah Blaze game. Apparently Utah has an indoor football team that nobody really knows about because everyone there had no idea who they were till we actually got to the game and learned more about it. We all hung out in this suite while we ate some yummy food. Then we watched the fireworks show and the Idaho Managers decided it was time to leave!!! So a bunch of us went to Porta Call and hung out and played pool.

Like I said it was a much needed getaway. My aunt and uncle watched Peyton for us. I usually worry about her when we are gone and leave her over night but for some reason when we leave her with my aunt and uncle I know nothing can go wrong. Let's just say they spoil her WAY too much and she get all the attention she wants and trust me they give it to her. Peyton had so much fun with them that when we went there to pick her up today she would hardly talk to us and only wanted to be with them!!! She was asleep when we left there house this afternoon and when she woke to find herself back at home all hell broke lose. She was so upset and was calling JIM (who is my uncle) and she was calling JIM MOM (who she calls my aunt) and then she was calling MADDIE (who is there dog)!! She wanted to be back at there house and not with her own parents!!! What are we going to do when we move and she can't see them??? I guess we'll have to come visit a lot. I took a few pics and thought I would share!

This is how Joel feels about me taking pictures!

Finally some time alone


Joel LOVES it when I take these kind of pictures

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

Fun times...Joel is so cute, and you are so darling. Time away does make it seem "all better" doesn't it Tegan. Sounds like you had a fun time. LOL