Saturday, March 29, 2008

Peyton Locked in the Car

Last Thursday was a new experience I thought I would never have to go through! I went to pick Peyton up from daycare and had to get her car seat strapped back into my car. While I was strapping it in Peyton was up front pretending to drive having fun. I got it strapped back in and asked Peyton to crawl back so I could get her buckled in. She was all in and ready to go!!

I then shut Peyton's door and tried to open mine. The door was locked. So I tried Peyton's door, it was locked. I tried the rest and they were all locked. When Peyton was playing around up front she must have hit the lock button. The worst thing about it was I didn't even have my phone because it was in the car. I had to run back inside the daycare and get a phone to call Joel at work. Joel wasn't answering his cell or work. I finally got ahold of him and told him the situation. Jodie, Peyton's sitter, told me to hold up the phone to the car and have Joel push the unlock button. We tried that for like 5 mins and it wasn't working. So Joel said he was leaving and that he would get there as soon as he can. With traffic it can take him 30 mins to get to where I was.

Peyton was doing okay but looked a little nervous. Jodie lives next door to a locks smith. So her husband when over and told him what was going on. The lock smith came over and worked for about 15 mins to get the car unlocked. Finally the doors were unlocked!!! Luckily the lock smith didn't charge me his high fee of 100 bucks!!!

No comments: