Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No More Stitches

Well Peyton got her stitches out 4 days ago. When we took her in to the hospital to get them out the same doctor looked at her. I was waiting for what he had to say hoping it would be good news.
Lets just say it wasn't great news or good news for that matter. He looked a little worried when he said "O it looks infected!" My first thought was how in the HELL did it get infected when I went through a whole tube of Neosporin, I was constantly cleaning it out with Hydrogen Peroxide, and she was on a 80 dollar antibiotic. As a mother I thought I had failed to do my job and not let it get infected. The doctor said that it is easy to get a wound with stitches infected because the sutures collect any bacteria.

So after removing the sutures the doctor put steri strips on because since it got infected it didn't heal together. So the doctor was hoping that the steri strips would help to hold it together. I knew those strips wouldn't stay on long with a two year old.

The next day Peyton pulled them off and since then haven't had them on her face. So to make a long story short her wound isn't healing together and it looks awful!!! The doctor said if this is the case then they would have to wait till it fully heals and then go to a plastic surgeon and have the scar cut out and re-stitched. I am posting pictures of Peyton's newest beautiful scar on her precious face. Let me know what you think. Joel thinks I am over-reacting about the scar but to me it looks horrible.

Click on the Picture to
Enlarge it so you can
get a better view of it

3 comments:

Holly Conger said...

Oh good, they seem to be healing really well! If she does end up with a scar, it will be really small. She is such a little cutie! I love the sledding pictures. Violet went for her first time last week. I've been meaning to post pictures of that too. I will soon!

Tonia Conger said...

Tegan, you are a GREAT MOM! If you couldn't keep this little wound from getting infected I don't know anyone who could. Peyton is beautiful and will always be, with or without a scar.
Happy New Year to you, Joel and Peyton.

dayna said...

I really think the scar will just continue to fade...it will be alright. I can only imagine how you are feeling about all of it. Moms always carry the stress load on kid things. Hang in there!