Monday, December 31, 2007

9 Stitches Later

Last night was quit the adventure with Peyton. We were just hanging out at my aunt and uncles house just having a fun night of playing games when it turned into tragic!!

While Peyton was playing with Maddie, my aunts dog, and playing with Ali, a friends dog, Peyton tripped and fell on Ali. Ali's natural dog reaction was to snip and it just so happen to get poor Peyton's face.

So needless to say we spent 2 hours in the ER room last night and 9 stitches later we made it back home. Peyton had to get 7 in her check and 2 in her lip where the dog bit completely through her lower lip. Luckily the bit on her face was straight across and easy to sew up. I am just thankful it's not any worse then it is. Because I have seen cases where the dog has bitten a chunk out of a child's face.

Peyton is doing great!! Last night after it happened she only cried maybe 5 mins and didn't cry till the held her down to stitch it up. She is a tough little girl and I am grateful for that. It's hard to see your child in pain. I think I cried as much as Peyton last night while they sewed her up.

Here are some pictures of her sad little face. Two of them are from the hospital that I took on my phone. She had to put on a cute little yellow gown. I really just hope it doesn't leave to much of a scar.Here it is before they sewed it up. I know it might not look too bad, but trust me it was bad and was bleeding for over 2 hours until they stitched it up

Here she is in her little hospital gown reading a magazine



These ones were taken this morning. Poor girl!!



4 comments:

Nicole Leavitt said...

oh poor peyton! i feel so bad for her! like you said..luckily it wasnt worse! :) give her hugs from her Chaysers!

Holly Conger said...

Sweet Peyton, I can't believe that happened! When Lydia got her staples in her head, I was freaked- mainly because of the blood! She only had 3 staples though. I'm sure Peyton bled a lot more. How did you both handle it? Give her a kiss from her auntie!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Emma said...

I nearly started crying when I read this. I feel so sorry for her but I have a magic recipe for no scarring on her face. Put sunscreen and vitamin E oil on it twice a day for 6 months and I can guarantee that the scarring will be very minimal. As I have had many face wounds in my life I have had the opportunity to try this remedy and it works like a charm. They said I'd have to have plastic surgery to fix my eyebrow when I walked into the handicap sign, but I never did and you can't even see the scar.

Give Peyton a hug and kiss from her favorite aunt!

Good Luck!

dayna said...

oh so sad! she will heal up fine I am sure. We really miss you guys! Hope all is well besides the stitches!