Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Official!


Yes you read my title correctly.....now you may be asking yourself what's official. Joel is now the newest employee for Geico. We have been waiting patiently for the answer that he got the job. Even though Joel had great confidence the is always that chance they might go with someone else. Joel's starting date for his new job is December 8th. There are pros and cons to all jobs and the first and biggest con to his new job is that he leaves Peyton and I on December 7th for almost 4 months for major training in AZ.......YIKES!!! I ask myself how am I going to do it without him, I still don't have the answer to that one but I'm just hoping the time will fly by fast. He still isn't sure what his plans are for Christmas since they haven't really told him. He has heard 3 different stories #1 you get a week off to fly home, #2 you get to fly home Christmas Eve night and fly back to AZ Christmas night, #3 you get to stay at training in AZ while your family enjoys Christmas without you! I am really hoping for the first one. I will keep you posted.


Joel is so excited for his new job and can't wait to get started. He just wishes he could start sooner.

6 comments:

dayna said...

Congrats to Joel! That is awesome news! What will he be doing? And holy cow! I can't believe you will be apart for 4 months! That's way way longer than Matt and I have ever been apart! I am excited for you guys though!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Well like we have talked about before, you will do great because you are a fabulous mom! It will bring you and joel tons closer as far as communication and it will force him to like to talk on the phone! Haha! Love ya!

Grandma B said...

Congratulations on the new job Joel...Don't know if you about these two wonderful inventions;

a telephone to talk everyday on
and....
a computer to send e-mail messages on every day....

Oh sure....anyway...good luck on the new adventure. Do you think you will be staying in the Boise area....or moving somewhere else?

LOL

Dana said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine 4 months apart . . . but my husband did take a 2 month business trip while we were engaged. We lived for phone calls and web-camera chats. Also, I had to take a couple trips out to visit him. If you want to drop Peyton off in Utah, I'll babysit! =) Good Luck!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! It will go by fast. It will also make all of the time you do spend together more special. Keep us updated! Love you!!!

Holly Conger said...

Congrats Joel! It will be really hard for Peyton too I bet. He'll have to send her things in the mail :) . If Ryan and I are ever apart for a long time, It would be so sweet to exchange love letters!