Friday, October 24, 2008

More Trauma


Yes once again trauma has struck our family........Today I got a call from Peyton's daycare teacher Jodie. She sounded calm when she called and I didn't think much about the call till she started talking me to about Peyton and what had happened. While Peyton was suppose to be napping she decided it was time to play instead of sleep. When Jodie heard noises coming from the playroom where other children where sleeping she went to peek in to see who wasn't sleeping. Sure enough it was my child!!! As soon as Peyton noticed Jodie, Peyton knew she was being naughty and was suppose to be sleeping, so she ran to her sleep mat. Well Peyton slipped and fell on her mat. She landed right on her right shoulder. I wasn't there to witness it and honestly I am glad I wasn't. From the sounds of it Peyton was screaming and crying. Peyton is a tough kid when it comes to getting bumped up or any other little fall or scratches. Well to make a long story short I showed up to Peyton's daycare and called Joel to have him meet me at the Doc in the box. After almost 3 hours of being there and 3 x-rays later they told us SHE BROKE HER COLLARBONE. I really wasn't surprised because of how much pain she seemed to be in. All in all she is doing fine and I think she will recover fast. I will post a couple of pictures tomorrow of her cute sling which is Snoopy!! That is if she lets me......I have never seen her so cranky to me or Joel before!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Leavitt said...

Poor dear! Wish we were there to help out! Chayse was distraught last night. He heard me talking to you and like 20 min later says "Mommy..is my girl-a-friend hurt? Will she be better? Did she hurt her bone?" He was worried about her and was asking about her throughout the night. He was trying to make sure she had a doctor now. So let her know we are all thinking about her! Love you guys!