Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sad News.....

I hate to even post this but I just have to let everyone know. We no longer have Zoey. A few weeks ago when we were in Twin Falls for Labor day we took Zoey with us. That weekend there were a lot of people there and it was the first weekend Zoey was around a lot of people she doesn't know. That weekend she snapped at my niece and at my sister-in-law. Then last week she snapped at Joel twice in one night. I just didn't know I felt about keeping her since Peyton has already been bit by a dog I take this very seriously. I can't even think about how I would feel if Zoey would have gotten Peyton or any other child. I don't think I could ever forgive myself. So after a long talk with Joel and a lot of thinking I decided she needed to go to a new family with older kids and somewhere she wouldn't have to be in a crate all day long. We all miss you especially Peyton but we know it's for the best not only for Zoey but for our family. I think we will wait to try for another dog once we can all have more time with her and when Peyton gets much older.

2 comments:

Holly Conger said...

I'm so sorry that happened. I'm sure it was very hard. It's a good thing you found a new home for her when you did. It would have been harder the longer you waited. Do you know the people you gave her to? Will you be able to see her again?

Grandma B said...

So sorry about Zoey...but you surely wouldn't want little Peyton to have another nasty dog bit.

Hope we see you all soon.....LOL