Saturday, March 14, 2009

Terrible 3's......

Okay so I thought that age 2 was bad with Peyton.......but age 3 is SO SO much worse. Do you ever look at your cute innocent looking child and wonder how they are such a terror?? I do this everyday when Peyton wakes up in the morning and comes in to where I am and is so sweet and says"Good Morning Mommy, I love you!" Then the hell breaks through the rest of the day.

It seems to me like in the last few weeks Peyton has really been testing Joel and I. I don't know if it's because Joel is back and she thinks she can get away with stuff. All I know is she is really testing us!! We hope this time will pass.

Quick update on Bella.....I just have to say she is the best little puppy ever. She hasn't had any accidents in our house for over a week. She hardly ever barks and sleeps in her crate all night long. She's a sweet little thing and wants to be around us and cuddle with us all day long. We hope she continues to be good because we don't know if we could handle two naughty girls in our house!

6 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

I was totally thinking of you the other day when Ian took his poopy diaper off. I wanted to SCREAM. I do think it's funny that every morning they are so sweet, then the little terror comes out.

Grandma B said...

Hang in the Tegan...it will only GET WORSE !! Just kidding !! And then you wonder why us older folks are as squirrly as we are...hee hee.

I would imagine Peyton is just testing the waters now that Joel is home. She has had all your attention for some time, now she has to share....

Happy Bella is doing so good. She looks soooo cute.

How is Joel's job going?

xoxoxoxox Grandma B

dayna said...

i hate to tell you this, but 4 is so much worse! our friends called them the terrible twos and the "f***ing fours"...that pretty much sums it up. you'll end up becoming very patient and able to block a lot of things out. i guess that's good in the end! we sure miss you guys! hope all is going well:)

Holly Conger said...

Bella is adorable! And so is Peyton! I know it can be tough. Hopefully it's just a phase. That's what you need to tell yourself anyway. Then of course, after this phase, there will be another and another... But it helps to keep saying "It's just a phase"!

Now that Lydia is almost 6 she has more "good days", but her "bad days" are 10 times worse than they used to be!

Tegan said...

Thanks for everyone's sweet comments.....I guess I don't have much to look forward to!!! I need to find where I left my patients!! Cuz' I think they are all gone!!

Grandma B said...

Tegan...you have lots to look forward to....just enjoy the moment, because later on you will wish you had THAT MOMENT back again. Anyway, the older YOU get, the more the bad memories will fade. Take that from someone that has "been there, done that" !!!!

You could run away from home, lock yourslf in a closet, take a long drive....or just grin and bear it !! Now aren't I soooo much help.

Lots and lots of love.....