Wednesday, March 25, 2009

News......

The other morning as Joel and I were in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast and getting our things ready to head out the door for work while listening to the news that was on the tv in our living room. The news was talking about the plane crash in Butte where 17 people had died. I wasn't really listening to it fully because I was trying to hurry so I could run out the door and not be late to work. About 5 mins of the tv being on Peyton came running into the kitchen and this was our conversation........

Peyton: Mommy I'm so very sad.

Mommy: Why are you so very sad?

Peyton: There was a plane crash and it ran into the ground and there was a big fire and there were little kids on the plane, and mommy they died.

As Peyton was telling me this I hadn't realized she was watching the news let alone taking in all the information they were broadcasting. While she told me I could tell her little heart was hurting and that she was truly sad that these people/children had died. In that moment it made me realize how smart little kids are and how much things effect them. I don't think I want Peyton watching the news anymore because of this experience because it hit her hard and she talked about it the whole way to daycare almost with tears in her eyes and sadness in her voice.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

How sad for little Peyton. It was a tragic crash to say the least. I always think of the expression "Walls have ears", which appies to little kids. Haven't heard anymore about the crash lately.

Give Peyton a hug for us....LOL