Sunday, November 16, 2008

3 Weeks Away.......

Yes it's true in 3 weeks Joel will be headed off on a plane early morning and will be leaving Peyton and I both behind. O how I wish I could go with him.......okay maybe not with him because I am sure it would be really boring and not fun living in a hotel for 3.5 months. But I really, really wish I could just drop everything here and run home to my parents for 3.5 months. But since I have a really great job here I can't exactly do that.

With Joel getting ready to leave soon I have been getting the house in order for him to go. By that I mean I have been getting every kind of lock for t he doors, new curtains to hide behind, sticks for all my windows so nobody can sneak through the windows at night, and all the extra things like mace and a big knife since Joel won't let me have a gun. I know it sounds foolish with all of that but there have been so so many break-ins in the last month that I am a little scared for my life and Peyton's. I know we will be fine but I am taking extra precautions to make sure we stay safe. Nobody better mess with me!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect solution, the kids and I will come live with you while Joel's gone! lol.....After all I am jobless! Tegan, you and Peyton will be fine! Just think of the years I have been alone with my kids. No problems! :) Just call me when you are scared, so I can give you advice on using the big knife!
The 3.5 months will go so fast and he'll be home before you know it.
p.s. Love the table!

dayna said...

yikes! i'd be a bit nervous too! I am sure that you will be fine and hope that you have lots of people there to look out for you and peyton! wow 3 1/2 months is a long time...but it will be over soon enough. you are tough!

I LOVE YOUR new table too! so perfect!
love ya!

Grandma B said...

I have a wonderful idea Tegan....now I have a place to run away to for awhile....The time Joel is gone will go by fast...and believe me, sticks in the windows give a comforting feeling. Any also remember...911 works !! Tee Hee.

Your new table looks wonderful Tegan...what a nice early present...many happy times will be spent around the table, won't they.

Know I have asked, but where is Joel going to train? Will you be able to go and visit him?

LOL

Tegan said...

He is going to Arizona for some of the time and VIrginia for the other part. Yeah I could go see him.....I probably will at some point when he is in AZ and not take Peyton!!