Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yard Work


Growing up I have never been into yard work, just ask my mom. I remember every summer that my mom would make deals with us. She would give us a bucket (that was hardly very big) and asked us to pick enough weeds to fill it. For every bucket filled she would give us 20 bucks!!! I know you guys are thinking easy money. Not for me and my brothers. We hated it so much we would sit outside for hours trying to fill a dang bucket and we would keep showing my mom the bucket with it barely full asking if that was enough weeds. My mom finally gave up with us and finally hired people to come do the yard work, but I think she payed them a lot more then we would have made!!!


I look back on that now and laugh so hard. Since we have moved into our house it has been a ton of fun getting the yard ready. I spend lots of long nights and weekend days weeding our gardens mowing the yard and getting everything ready to plant some flowers. I think what thrills me the most about it is, one it's my own place that I want to look nice, and two when it's all done it gives you some kinda of accomplishment feeling!!! So all I can say is I hope the nice weather stays.

2 comments:

Grandma B said...

Love your story...THAT'S LIFE !!! Wnenever its yours...is the best...am happy you are into yard work...two paybacks.
1. beautifuly yard and flowers
2. exercise
Ask me how I know...during the winter I eat, and it stays onboard, but during the summer, I eat and it somewhat disappears off the ole bode....PICTURES WOULD BE WONDERFUL Give Joel and Peyton a hug from us.....LOL

Grandma B said...

Excuse the typos...didn't proof read as close as I should.....

I call them SENIOR MOMENTS !!!hee hee