Monday, January 5, 2009

Frosty




It was long overdue for Peyton and I to head out in the snow and make a snowman! To be honest I hate going out there. I remember when I was younger I would spend hours in the snow especially at our cabin. The funny thing is I always wanted my mom to come out and she never wanted to........now I know why!




Peyton had so much fun in the snow. She tried so hard to make a snow angel, she is still learning how that is done!






After that Peyton asked me if we could make Frosty. I figured I would put worth some sort of effort in helping her little wish come true. I gathered a scarf, hat, sweet tarts for the mouth, a carrot for the nose, chocolate circles for eyes, and good ol' sticks for arms!! The snow was not as cooperative as I would have liked. I wanted to make a big snowman but after struggling with the snow for some time these was all we could manage to do!

After he was all done I realized a little snowman was way better then a big one. Peyton acted as if he were alive and was her friend. After coming inside and getting warmed up she ran to the window and said "mom, Frosty is cold, can he come inside and watch a movie with me?" How cute is that? Little kids have such great big hearts even when it's a man made of snow!

8 comments:

Dana said...

That is one adorable snowman! And you're one super cute mom to go out and do that! =)

Krystal said...

That is so cute! You are such a good mom! Peyton's nose and cheeks are so red! Savannah is going snow shoeing with her class tomorrow and I'm sure she is going to look the same.

Grandma B said...

What a cute couple of snow people, but Peyton is by far the cutest. We have been having so much snow. Grandma uses the snowblower about twice a day. I have two little saying in the wreaths on the front doors that say "let it snow". Enough already !!!

Sherm gave me Joel's e-mail address so am going to start e-mailing him.

LOL

Grandma B said...

P.S. I meant to say Grandpa, not Grandma when it comes to using the snowblower. Oh well...so much for a Senior Moment !!!!

Nicole Leavitt said...

what a fab mom to go out there when you dont feel good! i give you props for that, but you would have been a better mom if you could have figured out how to let frosty watch a movie with peyton! sheesh..

jodie333 said...

That is so cute! I agree as kids we love the snow and cant get enough of it, but for me now I enjoy it from inside! Good for you, your such a great mom!!
SMOOHES

Holly Conger said...

So cute Tegan! Just an idea...
I have a friend who didn't want to go outside because it was too cold, so she put a bunch of snow in her bathtub and her and her two daughters made a bathtub snowman!

Charity said...

That looks fun, Colton built a fort but they have not really been out for awhile. I have to scoop the driveway and walks so that is enough snow for me....Faith has not really asked since the first day it snowed. Love Ya...